Monday, March 3, 2008

Question of the day

I read the following today:

1.0Gpf/3.8Lpf

Where was I?

[UPDATE: At 9:28 p.m. on 3/4/2008, a poster named Anonymous was the first to reply and near enough to be declared the winner. He or she said, "You were at a home improvement store, examining a product that requires water in order to function properly. 1.0Gpf/3.8Lpf is the product specification for how much water would be expended when in use. The product is a toilet. This particular model utilizes 1.0 gallons (or 3.8 liters) per flush."

So Bingo, sort of. Close, but no cigar. Actually, I was in a restaurant, in the men's room, standing in front of a urinal. I wasn't buying the product, I was using it. The Gpf/Lpf on the porcelain made me laugh (albeit silently) when I mentally cracked the code and figured out what it meant. I don't remember ever hearing the term "Gallons per flush" or "Liters per flush" before, but then I'm not a plumber. It struck me as humorous enough to rate a post on my blog. I must admit I thought it would be a little more difficult to solve. Way to go (no pun intended), Anonymous!]

1 comment:

  1. You were at a home improvement store, examining a product that requires water in order to function properly.

    "4.0Gpf/3.8Lpf" is the product specification for how much water would be expended when in use.

    The product is a toilet. This particular model utilizes 1.0 gallons (or 3.8 liters) per flush.

    ReplyDelete

<b>My new favorite poem</b>

...is the following one, purportedly by Billy Collins: Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In The House The neighbors'...