Wednesday, December 2, 2009

There goes my social calendar


Even though my name is Robert, not Roberta, and even though both my physician and my pharmacist seem to be able to recognize that I am male, the pharmacy’s computer system doesn’t have a clue. As they say, garbage in, garbage out. You want proof?

Yesterday I picked up a new prescription for an antibiotic because I am sufferig frob a code id da dose, and the following helpful “counseling message” was printed on the receipt:

WARNING: DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT, OR WHILE BREASTFEEDING.

Sure, I could just ignore information that obviously doesn’t apply to me. But then this post would never have seen the light of day, would it? And a man has to rant and rave about something, doesn’t he?

So I have tucked that piece of information away for future reference. Just in case I should ever need it, you understand. I can’t imagine when that might be, but these days a person can’t be too careful.

4 comments:

  1. Mary was a virgin, and she got pregnant...so I spose it's possible a man could get preggers too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan Rivers once directed Arnold Schwarzenegger in a movie called "Rabbit Test" on that very subject. Not as funny a movie as they had hoped.

    Also, a "man" (actually a transgendered female) recently carried a child to full term and gave birth. The story was on Oprah and everything.

    Still, don't hold your breath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And anyway, you've probably gone through the menopause by now Robert, so you'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I marvel that you tend to have the same warped outlook on things as I do.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...