Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Madness (A Quiz) a.k.a Talking What???

Georgia has some towns with interesting names, like Fairplay and Hopeful and Constitution and Hephzibah and Beulah and Talking Rock and Between and Washington and Jefferson and Monticello and Climax and Needmore and even Stillmore.

I have never been more serious in my life.

Today I invite you to play a little game. Choosing a first word from Column A and a second word from Column B, come up with the names of 29 actual towns in Georgia. No fair peeking at an atlas or using an internet search engine.

When you are ready, you may begin.

Column A.............Column B

1. Ball.................. Harris
2. Blue................. Rica
3. Cave................ Ty
4. Locust.............. Lakes
5. Sunny.............. Hill
6. College............. Rock
7. Dock................ Falls
8. Druid.............. Valley
9. Five................ Springs
10. Flowery......... Mountain
11. Lookout......... Circle
12. Mineral......... Island
13. Powder.......... Hill
14. Pine.............. Springs
15. Rocky............ Springs
16. Radium......... Mountain
17. Sandy........... Face
18. Sea............... Bluff
19. Social............ Mountain
20. Stone............ Branch
21. Sugar............ Forks
22. Sugar............ Hills
23. Tallulah........ Junction
24. The............... Park
25. Tunnel.......... Side
26. Twin............ Grove
27. Ty................ Spring
28. Villa............. Ridge
29. Young........... Ground

How many can you get without cheating?

In my next post I will reveal the correct answers.

4 comments:

  1. i think i could get some or one if i cHEATED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, RWP. I was otherwise occupied and didn't do much bloggy stuff yesterday. I was not ignoring you. I'll play with these before I read the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK.. here goes. If I've created some names that are not in Column B, the fathers need to rename the towns:

    Ball Junction
    Blue Lakes
    Cave Island
    Locust Hills
    Sunny Ridge
    College Circle
    Dock Harris
    Druid Circle
    Five Springs
    Flowery Branch
    Lookout Bluff
    Mineral Spring
    Powder Puff
    Pine Cone
    Rocky Junction
    Radium Springs
    Sandy Beach
    Sea Side
    Social Circle
    Stone Mountain
    Sugar Harris
    Sugar Park
    Tallulah Bankhead
    The End
    Tunnel Hill
    Twin Valley
    Ty Ty
    Villa Rica
    Young Mountain

    Now, I'll go read the rest of the story. :)

    P.S. You can tell from my list that I didn't peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putz, cheaters never win.

    Pat, I'm still laughing over Tallulah Bankhead, Powder Puff, and Pine Cone! You actually got several right....

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...