Thursday, March 24, 2011

Science was never my best subject.

I have made a major mistake. A big boo-boo. A faux pas (supply your own adjective). Not only do I apologize profusely, but I also repent in sackcloth and ashes.

In my previous post, I suggested that you would have to turn either your head or your computer 90 degrees to the right to see my birthday cake properly.

Remember?


Well, I was wrong. A thousand pardons. Actually, I was half wrong. Make that 500 pardons.

You do have to turn your head 90 degrees to the right, but you have to turn your computer 90 degrees to the left.

Wait, is that right?

The problem is that you are facing your computer and your computer is facing you. It would have been just as accurate to tell you to turn the computer 90 degrees to its right, which would be to your left, actually.

I hesitate to use the terms clockwise and counter-clockwise in this discussion because it all depends on your point of reference. If you are a clock, facing me, then clockwise actually means counter-clockwise.

I trust that you are not a clock.

In the end, though, the most important thing to remember is this:

All’s well that ends well.

William Shakespeare said that. Or maybe it was Christopher Marlowe.

Literature was not my best subject either.

7 comments:

  1. I just love the way you write and your sense of humour brightens my day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this is what happens as soon as you reach seventy. Your thoughts become all tangled and you can't distinguish black from white or night from day. Never mind. Sanatoriums always have spare beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way I was viewing on my iPad and I had to turn it 90 degrees to my left I think oh no now I'm confused

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I can no longer turn my head downward at a 90 degree angle, I turned my upper body, head and all, 90 degrees to the right to view your very colorful birthday cake. I would be hard-pressed to turn my computer screen in any direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only not downward, but to the left, right or back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i give you an d- in english and a f in science<><><>i just cannot belive you have so little knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  7. emma just lovess the way you rite and your senses frightens me everyday

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...