Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Answers to movie quiz #17,643

Our little band of bloggers struggled valiantly with the movie quiz in the previous post. It was a tough fight, Ma, but they lost.

Here, for those who care, are the correct answers:

1. F. Murray Abraham, Amadeus, composer Antonio Salieri.

2. Lauren Bacall, To Have and Have Not, Marie “Slim” Browning (speaking to Harry “Steve” Morgan as played by Humphrey Bogart).

3. Bette Davis, The Three Faces of Eve, Margo Channing.

4. Nicholas Cage, Raising Arizona, H.I. McDunnough.

5. (a) Barbra Streisand, Hello, Dolly!, Dolly Levi and (b) Walter Matthau, Hello, Dolly!, Horace van der Gelder.

6. Kay Medford, Funny Girl, Mrs. Brice (speaking to her daughter Fanny as played by Barbra Streisand about Nicky Arnstein as played by Omar Sharif).

7. Vivian Leigh, Gone With the Wind, Scarlett O’Hara.

8. H.A.L., 2001: A Space Odyssey, H.A.L.

9. Gloria Swanson, Sunset Boulevard, Norma Desmond.

10. Marlon Brando, A Streetcar Named Desire, Stanley Kowalski.

Well, I had fun. Sorry if I wasted your time.

6 comments:

  1. I for one am glad you posted the answers. I only got one right, Hal in 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - you didn't waste our time. It was a fun idea but many film-goers are like me - we don't retain details of films we've seen. There are so many other things to fill your brain with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth, I knew 5, 7 and 10. And I've seen Raising Arizona. Zany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a bit of fun too!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shooting Parrots, Yorkshire Pudding, A Lady's Life, Rosilla (Hi, Rosilla!), and Helsie, thank you for restoring my faith in our little band of bloggers!

    The winner by default is Rosilla, who knew three out of the 10, unless it is Elizabeth Stanford-Sharpe, who knew more than three but didn't comment on my blog. (Full disclosure: She communicated with me another way. No, it wasn't by mental telepathy. No, it wasn't by carrier pigeon either).

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...