Tuesday, April 17, 2012

“I could while away the hours, conferrin’ with the flowers...”

Let’s just say, for the sake of argument, there are four ways you can spend Sunday afternoon:

1. In the park with George:

(A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, oil on canvas by Georges Seurat, 1884-1886 -- click to enlarge)

2. In rehearsal with Sutton Foster (8:45)

3. With Texas Bluebonnets and a Pit Bull named Sharky (0:41).

4. With Texas bluebonnets, a Pit Bull named Sharky, and a Guinea Pig named Penelope (1:52).

Please tell us which one you prefer and why.

If you pick number 2, state whether you would rather be on stage or in the audience.

If you pick number 4, state whether you would prefer to be Sharky, Penelope, or the bluebonnets.

If, all in all, you would rather be a bee, buzz off.

3 comments:

  1. Buzzing off, here! :)

    Never before heard of Sutton Foster. She's certainly a talented young woman, and the ensemble was not bad, either! I enjoyed the clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely number one as it would allow me to step into Seurat's pecaeful end of the 19th century world before things went crazy. Besides, when I was a teenager I always thought of Seurat's "Bathers at Asnières" as my very favourite artwork in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that painting. Is it pointillist? I can't remember, but I love it, and if I could go back to that era and find it to really be a pointillist reality, I wouldn't be able to imagine taking your other choices.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...