Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nightingales sang in Leicester Square


Once a Plantagenet, always a Plantagenet, that’s what I say.

Actually, I’ve never said that before in my life.

Until now.

Archaeologists have discovered the remains of King Richard III, last of the Plantagenet kings, under a parking lot in Leicester, England.

They proved it with the mitochondrial DNA of Michael Ibsen, a Canadian carpenter living in London who just happens to be the 17th great-grandnephew of Richard’s older sister.

What goes around, comes around.

That’s what I say.

Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this son of York.

I say that too.

Only Shakespeare said it first.

3 comments:

  1. Did you see the photos of Richard's scoliotic skeleton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a remarkable find isn't it? By all accounts he wasn't a nice fellow and his injuries seem to prove your "what comes around goes around" statement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say, I say, I say.... Off with that traitor's head!

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...