Monday, April 19, 2010

Welcome, sweet Springtime, we greet thee in song!

I know we are almost a month past the vernal equinox, and maybe I am just easily entertained, but to my way of thinking, one of the funniest things I have ever seen on television was an episode of The Andy Griffith Show called “Barney and the Choir.” Here it is (in three parts, unfortunately, but without any commercials):

Barney and the Choir (10:07, Part 1 of 3)

Barney and the Choir (9:18, Part 2 of 3)

Barney and the Choir (4:48, Part 3 of 3)



The moral of the story, class, should be obvious: Just because all God’s chillun got a uvula doesn’t mean you should exercise yours, necessarily.

3 comments:

  1. I always loved this show
    They were the best ever.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched all three segments; loved it -- again! Thanks for the bright ending to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this. I learned the song "Welcome Sweet Springtime" 56 years ago and until now have not been able to hear it sung. It is as beautiful as I remember it. Thank you again, Lou from NY

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...