Friday, September 13, 2013

Courtroom horror

I don’t want to turn into Johnny One-Note here -- this is not, after all, an anti-abortion website -- but in the comments section of my post “Putting a comma where it doesn’t belong is not some life-ending tragedy” (September 11) , a reader in San Diego who calls herself LightExpectations left a link to a column by a woman named Andrée Seu Peterson that I wanted to give all of you the opportunity to read. Hence, my post today.

Ms. Peterson wrote the piece back in April of this year during the murder trial of Doctor Kermit Gosnell in Philadelphia -- admittedly old news now -- but some things are never old news. Some things are as current as the air you breathe (no pun intended).

It’s not easy reading, but here’s “Courtroom Horror” by Andrée Seu Peterson. As the column’s subtitle says, “The shocking part of the Kermit Gosnell trial isn’t only what’s illegal.” Ms. Peterson manages to write in an engaging and even whimsical style about a thoroughly non-whimsical subject.

If you really like to read about horror and gore, though, turn to Wikipedia’s article on Kermit Gosnell.

It will keep you up at night.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I'd finished my lunch when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, unless the baby is dead or tragically deformed in utero or if the Mother is at risk of dying,women are sufficiently informed in how not to get pregnant.Women should never be forced to have babies but 23 weeks is a long time to wait to get one.
    Today it seems you can find out right away if you are pregnant so the morning after pill is better than waiting to kill a healthy fetus esp when So many people can't have children to day.
    I disagree with abortion in principle.I also feel living on pills not to get pregnant is also unhealthy. Abstinence is the only way or marry and love each other and your children.This society pushes sex and sends the wrong message mainly for profit. True love is sooo much nicer, than sex without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A confronting article on a very divisive topic. Thank you - I can't say I enjoyed it, but I am always interested in learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I read it and yes, it will probably keep me up at night. It's so much easier to debate when you don't know the nitty gritty details isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete

<b>Another boring post, or maybe not</b>

From April 1945 until Joe Biden's first/only (pick one) term as president ends a few months from now, 80 years will have elapsed. D...