Friday, April 1, 2016

In which Mrs. RWP's latest creation is compared to Liberace's theme song

Alice in Wonderland was once asked the question, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

Forget about her. I just threw that in to get you in the mood to consider another question, and that question is, "Why is Mrs. RWP's latest creation like Liberace's theme song?"

I can hear you saying, "How should I know? First of all, I'm not familiar with Mrs. RWP's latest creation."

We can take care of that problem immediately.

Here is Mrs. RWP's latest creation:


Isn't it lovely? But the question remains, "Why is it like a writing desk Liberace's theme song?

I can hear you asking, "How should I know? Can't you help me out a little? I'm not familiar with Liberace's theme song either. What was it?"

Again, we can take care of that problem immediately. This is Liberace's theme song:

Owl be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through.
In that small café,
The park across the way,
The children's carousel,
The chestnut tree,
the wishing well,

Owl be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day,
In everything that's light and gay,
Owl always think of you that way,

Owl find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new;
Owl be looking at the moon
But owl be seeing you.

...and if by some chance I happen to be wrong, I still am happy to have made you smile today, which my calendar tells me just happens to be April 1st.

6 comments:

  1. This is very silly. Not the artwork, that's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you are three quarters of a century old now but even so I feel I need to point out that you have misheard Liberace's theme song. Replace "Owl" with "I'll" and everything will be okay. Glad to be of service sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of owls. Not of Liberace though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is a raven like a writing desk? I shall now give you the correct answer, the answer that you have waited for all through the ages. THEY BOTH CONTAIN QUILLS.
    There. Now you know.
    I like your version better than Liberace's - could you and Ellie sing a few bars of it for me, please?
    The Owl artwork is exquisite! Ellie has a very steady hand and a great eye for color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha. I love that song! I was singing it non-stop a couple of months ago when it came to mind and I listened to several versions. Liberace didn't make the grade...ahem. Beautiful song to match a beautiful picture, your misses has a gift for colour combining sir. Colouring in can be a real hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    Very hilarious.

    Lovely creation,fabulous.

    Well written poem.

    I enjoyed this post.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

<b>My new favorite poem</b>

...is the following one, purportedly by Billy Collins: Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In The House The neighbors'...