Friday, October 29, 2010

Thanksgiving comes first.


This is a post about the way Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every year and how this is not a good thing. One year, I saw Christmas merchandise for sale on September 28th. For crying out loud, people, SEPTEMBER 28TH.

Mr. Jim “Suldog” Sullivan of Watertown, Massachusetts, says it far better than I could. I defer to him.

P.S. -- This year, though, what seem to be more common on television than even Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas are commercials by politicians who want our votes on November 2nd.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just hate the political stuff on the radio and TV. Cannot wait till it is over. No matter who wins. I suppose about three months from now, it will all start over again for 2012.

    I think it is ridiculous and awful to have Christmas stuff out and ready before Thanksgiving. Just ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, and for the post! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

<b>My new favorite poem</b>

...is the following one, purportedly by Billy Collins: Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In The House The neighbors'...