Friday, October 29, 2010

Thanksgiving comes first.


This is a post about the way Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every year and how this is not a good thing. One year, I saw Christmas merchandise for sale on September 28th. For crying out loud, people, SEPTEMBER 28TH.

Mr. Jim “Suldog” Sullivan of Watertown, Massachusetts, says it far better than I could. I defer to him.

P.S. -- This year, though, what seem to be more common on television than even Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas are commercials by politicians who want our votes on November 2nd.

2 comments:

Mountain Thyme said...

Oh, I just hate the political stuff on the radio and TV. Cannot wait till it is over. No matter who wins. I suppose about three months from now, it will all start over again for 2012.

I think it is ridiculous and awful to have Christmas stuff out and ready before Thanksgiving. Just ridiculous!

Suldog said...

Thanks for the kind words, and for the post! Much appreciated!