Saturday, November 10, 2012

Quote of the day

Lt. Col. Ralph Peters (retired) speaking to Neil Cavuto of Fox News on the resignation of General David Petraeus as CIA Director:

“The timing is just too perfect for the Obama administration. Just as the administration claimed it was purely coincidence that our Benghazi consulate was attacked on the anniversary of September 11th. Now it’s purely coincidence that this affair -- extra-marital affair -- surfaces right after the election, not before, but right after, but before the intelligence chiefs go to Capitol Hill to get grilled. As an old intelligence analyst, Neil, the way I read this -- I could be totally wrong, this is my interpretation -- is that the administration was unhappy with Petraeus not playing ball 100% on their party-line story. I think it’s getting cold feet about testifying under oath on their party-line story. And I suspect that these tough Chicago guys knew about this affair for a while, held it in their back pocket until they needed to play the card.

“I don't like conspiracy theories, I may be totally wrong, but the timing of this, again, right after the election and right before Petraeus is supposed to get grilled on Capitol Hill, it really smells.”

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, RWP. I saw your blog listed on Yorkshire Pudding, and since I'm a neighbor, I came to visit. I've enjoyed what I've read, and will check back in. Come visit us in the medium-big-city of Chattanooga sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Z, welcome to the little group of devoted followers of moi. We'll talk later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you listen to Fox News you’ll get conspiracy theories on everything – that’s the way they make their money. They are divorced from reality and have a different view of America. Most of their viewers think that what they are watching is true – and it’s not. Several polls have shown that people watching Fox News know less about the news that people who don’t even watch TV. I knew a guy at work whose son worked for Fox News – until he could not stand it anymore – told me that every news item was filtered to go along with their slanted opinion or was rejected – certainly not fair and balanced. I watch Fox News (sometimes) NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC and BBC then I read a great variety of newspapers from here and overseas (in English, French and Italian) then I can make up my mind. No wonder that Fox New got the election wrong… Several countries have not allowed Fox News to get licenses in their country as “news” as they said the network is made only of opinions, not neutral news.

    Didn’t Fox News also mention that as David Petraeus resigned because of an extramarital affair the incoming CEO of Lockheed-Martin Christopher E. Kubasik had to resign on the same day because of an extra-marital affair with a subordinate employee? WOW two resignations on the same day … that should make a great conspiracy theme for Fox News ….

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters was the guy who called for the assassination of Julian Assange on FOX News, accusing him of being a cyber-terrorist guilty of crimes against humanity. He is also a particularly awful novelist. Why should his voice listened to? It's just sour grapes because he didn't like the way the presidential election turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vagabonde our little french pot stirrrer just after rhymsee our big saber rattler><>and you calling us devoted followers<<can't wait to hear from yp or sp or stuffy snowy or maybe even putzy whatsy{ i bet he has something histor no i mean histerically profound to say< like business as usual}

    ReplyDelete
  6. vagabonde, how are things in Cobb County? I agree with much you say about Fox News, but the other networks also filter the news at times to further their agenda as well, which usually lines up with the administration's. Nobody is lily white in that respect. As for extra-marital affairs with subordinate employees, can you say Bill Clinton? I'm just saying that what is sauce for the goose ought also to be sauce for the gander. Why do some "get away with it" and some are vilified?

    Yorkshire Pudding, my dad advised me never to vote for a military man as they're too used to having their orders obeyed without question. If Ralph Peters ever runs for anything, I will remember Dad's advice.

    Putzy-Wutzy, thank you for providing me with your new nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I forgot to thank you, Rubye Jack for commenting also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a theory - and I could be totally wrong - that Lt. Col. Ralph Peters (retired) is a conspiracy theorist. They want to take over the world you know.

    ReplyDelete

<b>My new favorite poem</b>

...is the following one, purportedly by Billy Collins: Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In The House The neighbors'...