Tuesday, September 11, 2018

To whom it may concern

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

I'm working on a post. It just takes me a little longer nowadays.

I just realized that the only whom to whom it may be of concern is probably me.

You're not all out there hanging on my every word.

You're not all waiting with 'bated breath, impatiently drumming your fingers for more, more, more.

Message received and understood.

Lesson learned.

"O wad som Pow'r the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us."

Robert Burns.

I now return, slightly older and slightly wiser, to the proverbial drawing board.

See you later.


9 comments:

  1. I recently had a ranty post part written in my head then did some fact checking and realised I was completely wrong. So much for that post.
    So..... I feel ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie, we all need to rant every once in a while, even if it never sees the light of day.

      Delete
  2. I never realised that alligators were capable of composing blogposts even though dinosaurs obviously know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y.P., (activating three fingers back at yourself mode) obviously.

      Delete
  3. Of course I sit and wait with bated breath for your posts. It has been 10 days since I moved from this chair. I have not eaten, slept, or gone to the bathroom in all that time in order not to miss this one.
    Seriously I enjoy your posts. So take your time and write when the muse hits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, it is gratifying to be so adored, but it is difficult to understand you with your tongue in your cheek. The muse is enroute.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Elephant's Child/Sue, you are gracious. Some posts do take longer than others, n'est-ce pas?

      Delete
  5. I think my posts are even less frequent than yours and certainly less cerebral.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...