Thursday, June 8, 2023

My favorite photo of 2023

The photo below was snapped in March of this year at the wedding of one of our grandsons. Mrs. RWP (the fair Ellie) and I won the competition at the reception as the couple who had been married the longest. FYI, two months later (that would be, um, in May) we celebrated 60 years of marriage.


This may also be my all-time favorite post in nearly 16 years of blogging here at rhymeswithplague, in spite of the fact that we have no idea who the wedding guests in the background are. And for those who have been clamoring (clamoring, I tell you) for a recent photo, this is it!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both members of the stylish couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so happy. It's a picture worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Emma! Trying to view the picture objectively, I think Ellie looks both happy and tired, while I look rather somber and lost in thought. But you are right. We were (and are) very happy. Not every single moment of our 60 years -- we have had a few times distinctly otherwise -- but all in all it has been a great journey together. Thank you again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sixty years! Congratulations. I'm glad you've had a good time together

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand why it means so much because it says so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Graham! I've heard that a picture is worth a thousand words. I think this picture is worth a thousand posts.

      Delete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...