Monday, July 4, 2011

’Round Blogland

Every once in a while, whilst kayaking through Blogland, I find something I want to share with you. For example, for a good time, call 706-555-9372 and ask for Stella click on any of the items in blue below:

1. Direct from Bay of Plenty, New Zealand, here are some new ways of looking at the world. Literally.

2. The Bob B. who wrote this email isn’t me. I don’t care where you get your oil changed. But if I ever do become Putz’s twin, this is probably the way the transformation will begin.

3. Here’s the Swanson Pyramid of Greatness, and unless you have 20/15 vision like my amazing daughter who can read signs a mile away (I’m exaggerating only slightly), you will definitely have to click on the pyramid to read it.

4. Read this one only if you absolutely LOOOVVVE baseball (Reamus, this means you) or heartwarming stories involving several members of one family who play the same sport.

5. I really enjoy fiction in the form of a good short story and here’s one I enjoyed more than usual. To my way of thinking, a good short story is one that makes me wish it were not fiction.

6. Try as I might, I could not find a video clip called “ ’Round Blogland” to insert here. However, I did find “ ’Round Midnight” with Ella Fitzgerald doing the lyrics (3:17) and if that is not “pure jazz” enough for you, here is Thelonious Monk, the composer of “ ’Round Midnight,” giving us his wordless version on the piano (2:59). On this Fourth of July, you won’t get any freer than that.

I guess that’s enough kayaking for one post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I wanted to tell you that I owe you a HUGE thank you for catching the typo in my Sunday School article - I asked for permission to edit it, which they granted, and now it reads 66 books of the Bible and I can hold my head up at church again! Also, I have fixed the glitch that didn't allow comments on my blog. Thanks for commenting, and they should show up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the linkage! Always a thrill when someone else decides my stuff is good enough to share with others.

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...