Monday, June 25, 2012

Owe joey! Ode ill height!

I remember reading the book Anguish Languish by Howard L. Chace when it was first published, way back in 1956, but I hadn’t thought about it in years.

Wikipedia reports that Anguish Languish is “an ersatz language” constructed from English language words. It is not really a language but rather “a homophonic transformation” created as a work of humor.

Now, thanks to the expiration of the book’s copyright, a fellow named Kevin Rice has made Anguish Languish available online.

Once again I can read Furry Tells like Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, Guilty Looks Enter Tree Beers, and Center Alley.

Once again I can read Noisier Rams like Mary Hatter Ladle Limb, Oiled Murder Harbored, and Pitter Paper.

I can even thing thumb thongs, thongs like Alley Wetter, Fur Hazy Jelly Gut Furlough, and Hormone Derange.

And now, through the magic of my blog, soak an yew (so can you).

Owe joey! Ode ill height!

Dish cub bathers tar tub sum pink pig.

8 comments:

  1. Sheesh! This has got my grey cells going! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hits ham hazing wit ewe kin dew wither long widge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I love word-play. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egg sall ant post. But Ode ear.

    Problem is, I am so visual, all the images of the words override the sounds. I could do a painting for each sentence! Keith would be good at this, tho'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol.... tanks four Cher ring! Reminds me of the game my parents used to play: thinking of book titles like, "Brown Spots on the Wall" by Hu Flung Pu. Or "Open Bathrobe" by Seymour Skinski

    ReplyDelete
  6. Won an awl, sank yew sew macho furrier par tizzy patient. Ewer awl berry gut attic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhhhhhh.... bad case of brain freeze here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosezilla/Tracy, say the words very fast without trying to make sense of them as they are, then listen to yourself closely and you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...