Monday, February 12, 2018

I am not an astrophysicist

Richard Nixon famously said, "I am not a crook." Disregarding gender, which everyone is being urged to do nowadays, a quote from Act III, Scene ii of William Shakespeare's Hamlet springs to mind: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." In other words, many people believe Richard Nixon really was a crook.

Well, I am not an astrophysicist, my last post notwithstanding. I do admit to having an amateur interest in astronomy, but it is pretty much limited to the location and movement of celestial objects. As they always said at the beginning of every Star Trek episode, Space, The Final Frontier! I am not interested at all in any of the other stuff that true astrophysicists dream about obsess over pursue.

There. I said it and I'm glad.

To blog or not to blog, that is the question. More accurately, what to blog about remains an ongoing concern. Some people are able to blog every single day (Yorkshire Pudding, I'm thinking of you) and others only occasionally (like Hilltophomesteader). I am of the latter type, and wonder constantly what to blog about next.

This is one of those days when nothing comes to mind.

Therefore, and speaking of amateur, please entertain yourselves for a couple of minutes by listening to the Royal Ukelele Band of Hollywood performing 'Down Among the Sheltering Palms' (2:01).

As the stock market gurus are always telling us, diversification is the way to have a successful portfolio.

6 comments:

  1. Please blog about The Funk Heritage Center in nearby Waleska, performances at The Canton Theater and Cherokee County Arts Center, high school memories, how you met Ellie, the drive from Canton to Atlanta, Stone Mountain, when your children were little, your reflections on D.J.Trump, Bodock's, Queenie's and Green Line Brewery - also more poems from the Brague pen, a personal history of computers, explaining what American football is all about to non-Americans, how to make a cheese omelette and The Cherokee Nation past, present and future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get quite stressed about writing something, anything, every single day and have become much more relaxed now that I only write when I have something worth saying. Which tells you that YP is way too opinionated for us mortal folk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have a huge list of things I want to blog about but I'm a slow thinker and time is at a premium so I don't blog as much as I would like to either. I certainly enjoyed being down among the sheltering palms and, indeed, the YouTube video that followed whilst I was getting the nibbles done for tonight's dinner (friends are coming round).

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Ian (Shooting Parrots) - I just want to say that I do have lots of opinions about a range of things but I am not "opinionated". That is a negative label which I both dispute and resent. In addition, I feel quite hurt that you could say such a thing about me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this post is profound. Then I read it again and my mind spins. I don't have two minds about it because I just had an MRI and only one was there. So I suppose I am simply confused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Yorkshire Pudding....KEEP BLOGGING! What would we do without you??

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...