Thursday, May 9, 2019

The Psilocybe Pscare/Psilliness continuePs

The annual May mushroom invasion hereabouts, as we learned last year from our blogger friend Adrian Ward in Auchtermuchy, Scotland, consists of Psilocybe semilanceata in what can only be called profusion. I cannot tell if the invasion is dwindling, levelling off, or only beginning. Here are the statistics for the current follies:

Sunday, May 5th - 6
Monday, May 6th - 13
Tuesday, May 7th - 37
Wednesday, May 8th - 31
Thursday, May 9th (today) - 30

All of them, thanks be to God, have been plucked up and tossed into the garbage.

If only it were that easy with wasps and Carpenter bees.

Sunday, May 12th, would have been my non-bio Dad's birthday and it would have been his 113th. At 117 so far, this year's mushrooms are ahead.

Only your intrepid, slightly demented reporter would think to make such comparisons.

10 comments:

  1. This is a fascinating insight into your mind! have you been eating mushies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kylie, I didn't know what you meant by mushies and had to look the word up to find that it is short for mushrooms. I had heard of 'shrooms but never mushies. Live and learn. The answer to your question (and thank you for asking) is no, no, a thousand times no! But please elaborate on any insight you may have gained as I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a waste. Dry them and sprinkle on your breakfast cereal. You will see life differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, strange as it may seem, life looks pretty good from my vantage point.

      Delete
    2. Hahahahaha. I believe you rhymes, and my world is a better place for having you in it. Shroomless. x

      Delete
  4. A somewhat belated comment because I couldn't really think what to say. You have disappointed me. Not because of the mushrooms but by your attude to wasps and carpenter bees. Wasps keep down lots of other bugs and carpenter bees are important pollinators of your native plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graham, I will add you to the list of those whom I have disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add me to that list as well please. It is outrageous that you toss magic mushrooms into the garbage instead of using them to make unforgettable soups for yourself and your good lady. It is always good to see the world from different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y.Pudding, it is not "different perspectives" I try to avoid but altered states of consciousness.

      Delete

<b>Couples in show biz (part 2)</b>

Reader Emma Springfield in Iowa thought of two more couples in show biz: 60. Paul Hogan & Linda Kozlowski (his co-star in Crocodi...