Tuesday, May 7, 2019

They're baaack!

Not the poltergeists. The mushrooms.

If it's Tuesday May, this must be Belgium Mushroom Land. There are mushrooms in my back yard (British, garden).

Not faeries. Mushrooms.

Day before yesterday there were six. I plucked them up and threw them in the garbage. Yesterday there were 13. I plucked them up and threw them in the garbage. Today when I let Abby out for her morning constitutional, there were 37.

I plucked them up and threw them in the garbage.

I forgot to take their photograph, but below are some of the same type from last year:

The experts (Adrian in Scotland and Michelle in England) said they were the magic kind. I have no reason to doubt them.

Last year I feared I was being invaded by alien creatures. This year I almost look on them as friends, but I still pluck them up. I do not need my dog or my neighbor’s cat to be high.



In summary, I live such a mundane, humdrum, boring life that I now post about mushrooms.

8 comments:

  1. I like your mushroom post, I appreciate the mundane, humdrum moments. I never thought of picking the mushrooms in my yard, that might be a good idea for dog safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, perhaps picking the mushrooms occurred to me because our doggie is small and inquisitive. Or perhaps I am a worry-wart, seeing hazards where there may be none.

      Delete
  2. You just didn't see the fairies. Everyone knows that mushrooms are there for the fairies to rest on during a night of dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, but the mushrooms are not there at night. They spring up in the morning, with/like the dew. Besides, with my phenomenal hearing, I would have heard the fairies dancing.

      Delete
  3. I think that the funghi family have a kind of beauty (edible or not).
    Mundane is fine. Particularly when you consider the purportedly Chinese curse 'may you live in interesting times'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child, if you look around you will discover that their curse has come true.

      Delete
  4. I think I would call them toadstools. They look rather like the kind of ones that fairies live amongst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I will have to look up the difference between mushrooms and toadstools. My work is never done, it seems. Oh, and welcome to the blog -- I don't think I have seen a comment from you before. If I have (seen one from you before), you are still very welcome.

      Delete

<b>Another boring post, or maybe not</b>

From April 1945 until Joe Biden's first/only (pick one) term as president ends a few months from now, 80 years will have elapsed. D...