Saturday, June 18, 2022

Windfall

Today I received a check in the mail along with the following letter:

To: [Me]

From: AT&T MOBILITY WIRELESS DATA SERVICES

Subj: AT&T MOBILITY WIRELESS DATA SERVICES SALES TAX LITIGATION SETTLEMENT

This payment represents your (pro-rata) settlement amount resulting from the resolution of the AT&T MOBILITY WIRELESS SERVICES SALES TAX LITIGATION. If you paid taxes, fees or surcharges ("Internal Taxes") to AT&T Mobility LLC ("AT&T Mobility") on internet access through certain services including iPhone data plans, Blackberry data plans, other smart phone data plans, laptop connect cards and pay-per-use data services on bills issued from November 1, 2005 up to and including September 7, 2010, you are deemed eligible to receive this amount from the class action settlement. The funds contained in the check are a refund of your taxes that were covered by the settlement. This settlement is final. Depositing this check does not obligate you to any future product or service and you will not receive any additional correspondence relating to this settlement. If you have questions about the check or the settlement, please visit [web address] for more information. You may also write a letter to the Settlement Administrator at [address].

And right there, below the perforated line, was a check made out to me for the following amount:


The sum of $****Zero Dollars AND Three Cents****
$****0.03****


I used to opine, or maybe I was prophesying, that when my ship came in, there would probably be a dock strike. Well, I was wrong. There wasn't a dock strike. I just don't know where I'm going to spend it all.

But wasn't it sweet of them to give me permission to write them a letter?

6 comments:

  1. Don't spend it al at once (as my mother used to say).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasker, as she gave you sixpence, probably. I will do my best to spread the wealth around.

      Delete
  2. Somebody has to have a lot of something, that isn't good, to write a three cent check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, it is in response to a legal obligation, but hardly seems worth it from my perspective.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. kylie, spreading it around may prove a little difficult.

      Delete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...