Sunday, September 24, 2023

Curiouser and curiouser

Today for some unknown reason I have been able to leave comments on both Hilltophomesteader's blog and Tasker Dunham's blog using my iPhone but not on anyone else's or even anyone's else.

I just heard on Fox News that a woman's fiancé exchanged her wedding dress for one his mother liked better. My advice to the woman is to run as fast as you can away from that fellow. Do not pass GO; do not collect two hundred dollars.

Note to the non-French-speaking among my readers as well as those who strive for accuracy in reporting: A man is a fiancé; a woman is a fiancée. A person with gender dysphoria can go either way. I'm just saying.

That's all folks. What can I say? It's Sunday afternoon.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the woman and the wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. That's crazy. What would attract someone to a man like that? I mean, she certainly is not just now figuring out that he's a whack job with too strong of an attachment to mama. Run like the wind, sistah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment. My blog sometimes seems to work differently from others, perhaps because of the custom URL.
    By the way, are you a member of the club mentioned in Graham Edwards' Eagleton Notes post? If not, you should consider joining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bob. Just dropped by to say hello. It was nice to see that your curiosity remains as sharp as ever. To tell you the truth, I never knew that about fiancé and fiancée so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My late mother-in-law would have preferred that I ditch the wedding gown altogether and run in the opposite direction from her son, for whom no female on the planet would have been acceptable. Certainly not the likes of moi, haahaa! But here we are, 44 years later. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oddly I do recall the day when I would have written fiancé and fiancée but I cannot remember when I last used the term. No one seems to get 'engaged' any more. They just turn up and announce they are going to marry (usually after living together for years anyway).

    ReplyDelete

<b>Couples in show biz</b>

...are more common than you might think. Here are some that come to mind: 1. Douglas Fairbanks Sr. & Mary Pickford 2. Florenz ...