Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Zounds! Gadzooks! and other expressions of surprise and delight

...such as Glory be! and Ye gods and little fishes!

I find that I am once again able to create blogposts using my computer screen and QWERTY keyboard! Not only that, but I can once again reply to comments from you, my vast reading public (yeah, right) on my my own blog!

Enough already with what my son-in-law would call a plethora of exclamation points. Let us continue in a more sedate fashion.

The sea-change occurred when I humbled myself and decided to take Tasker's and Rachel's suggestions and sign on to Google via Chrome. Shortly after resetting my Google password, what to my wondering eyes should appear but a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer the world the way it used to be before I was so rudely interrupted.

I really prefer to use Mozilla Firefox and DuckDuckGo and will continue to do so for all activities except blogging, as Google and Microsoft and who knows what else have long-since fallen into the nasty habit of tracing one's every step. This doesn't happen, I am assured, with Mozilla Firefox and DuckDuckGo. I'm just saying. If you prefer to keep doing things your way, be my guest. More power to you.

Any hoo, I am back in harness and hope to blog more frequently now that my fingers can move at their accustomed speed, something they could not do on an iPhone screen.

That's all for now. Keep your powder dry. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Trust me, my giddiness will pass. It always does.

P.S. I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that I want to pass along to you. It said "I do not celebrate Halloween for the same reason that Satanists do not celebrate Easter. Light has no fellowship with darkness."

10 comments:

  1. I use duckduckgo for all searches because, like you said, it is much more private. I understand that when I visit a site they know that someone visited from duckduckgo and that is all, they don't know it's me. Hurray you got things fixed up for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hanging in there with me, Terra, through the blogging difficulties! Maybe things will run more smoothly now -- at least for a while.

      Delete
  2. It's good that you have found a solution to your problem. I like the 'Light has no fellowship with darkness'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Terra above, thank you, jabblog, for hanging in there with me through the blogging difficulties! It's good to get back to normalcy (a word coined by President Warren G. Harding).

      Delete
  3. Gadzooks, and Heaven's to Murgatroyd, are my long term favourites. I'm pleased RWP has been allowed back into Blogland! Definitely worth another of those exclamation marks to finish in complete accord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember "Heavens to Murgatroyd!" from the Hanna-Barbera crtoon character Snagglepuss, who was always saying it along with "Exit, stage right" and "Exit, stage left". Snaglepuss sounded a lot like the actor Bert Lahr. I don't think I have ever heard anyone sa "Heavens to Betsy!" though. Thank you, Penny.

      Delete
  4. "Good Gravy!" has always been one of my favorites, however I like one that my uncle often used, said with gusto...."Great Scott!" Hope you blog on until the cows come home, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of thos are good ones! Also, Jerry Lee Lewis sang "Great Balls of Fie!" and Charlie Brown in the Peanuts comic strip said "Good greif!" a lot. Thank you, Pam.

      Delete
  5. What a relief! You can't teach old dogs new tricks. But apparently you can! No need to clutch pearls and indulge in a case of the fantods. And what my mother always said to me at parting: Be sweet! Something for which I have zero talent. Excellent and true quote about Halloween and Easter. I put out a few decorations for both but certainly do not celebrate Satan's holiday, just as I know that the bunny and what-nots on my table in springtime have zero to do with Easter, which is about our Lord's resurrection. Happy November! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November has started out well with a surprise family dinner yesterday. Maybe I will talk about it in a post. Thank you, Jenny.

      Delete

<b>Couples in show biz (part 2)</b>

Reader Emma Springfield in Iowa thought of two more couples in show biz: 60. Paul Hogan & Linda Kozlowski (his co-star in Crocodi...