Friday, April 13, 2012

Mixed emotions

Someone once described mixed emotions as that feeling you get when you see your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your brand-new Cadillac.

This is unfair both to mothers-in-law and to Cadillacs. For the record, I loved my mother-in-law and I have never owned a Cadillac.

But I have mixed emotions today.

The scamp in me wants to show you 2 dudes, an accordion, a balalaika, and a chick (2:04).

The more mature, reasonable, and intelligent fellow I like to think I am is sad, though, because one of my blogger friends has decided to take a break from blogging. Whether the break is short or long, only time will tell.

But in this corner of the blogosphere she will be missed.

On her last post, my friend included the following. It is not original with her, but it bears repeating:

“People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you. Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough. Give the world the best you have anyway.”


Part of me wants to make you laugh, part of me wants to make you cry, part of me wants to make you think, and part of me wants to make you wake up and smell the roses.

I have mixed emotions today.

2 comments:

  1. I shall miss her too, but hopefully we will hear from her again before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Roberto,
    I am pleased to see that you have escaped from your nightmare predicament vis-a-vis your thwarted journey to Blogland. I wonder what that "chick" in the black and white video clip was doing? Was she just decorative? Now excuse me...I'm going for a moonlight dip in the Andaman with my personal assistant. Wish you were here.
    Yorkshire Pudding xxxx

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...