Friday, August 2, 2013

WWCND?

Reader Hilltophomesteader left this comment on yesterday’s post: “Ok, I wasn’t absolutely certain after the ‘blue’ post, but now I’m positive that perhaps you should ask your doctor what affect [sic] the shingles virus has upon the mind.... You might get Mrs. RWP to drive you there and maybe hold your hand while the doc gives his diagnosis......(p.s. whilst you are at home recovering, you might want to check into Shakespearean insults) Be sure to mention to the doc that you’ve taken up Tuvan Throat Singing, as well.....”

Then Carol in Cairns (that’s in Far North Queensland, you know) opined as how the Julie Andrews Inspired Mark Shea Evilness Diagnostic Generator could be applied to many things, such as what would Chuck Norris do in a given situation, and she ended by saying some people have far too much free time on their hands.

Well, I have absolutely no idea what Chuck Norris would do, as he is not exactly on my radar these days, but Carol’s suggestion reminded me of a post I wrote nearly five years ago (where does the time go?) that I hope you will read once again if you have been around that long. Around here, I mean. I do think that most of my readers are older than five, but one can never be sure.

If you’re five, I’m sure you’re probably much more interested on a day-to-day basis in what these guys would do:


I hope all of you, no matter how old you are or what you might be doing, have a very pleasant first weekend in August.

6 comments:

  1. Seems like a similar theme ~ WWCND, WWACD, WWJD ~ I wonder how many others are out there and what the common thread is? Maybe there should be one for What Would Julie Andrews Do? We have a breakfast TV host here who claims Sound of Music is his favourite movie (more useless trivia) ~ I am sure he is not alone. Do you have a favourite movie Sir Robert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does acting like a five year old count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice week end as well rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhymes usually we say a can of sardines but now the shrimp call people in a submarine, a can of people. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol in Cairns, I suppose there are potentially as many WW[name]D possibilities as there are human beings on earth, something over seven billion at this point.

    ADRIAN, acting like a five-year-old certainly counts for something, I'm just not sure what. {ALSO, WHY DO YOU SHOUT YOUR NAME AT US? WE'RE NOT HARD OF HEARING. I SAID, "WE'RE NOT HARD OF HEARING.")

    Lady, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir Robert, as already advised on YP's blog, I have deliberated for days about what to choose for my next blogging challenge ~ aware that to stay in the party I needed to blog, not lurk ~ maybe a countdown to my 50th, maybe like after the chalkface ~ and so have just gone for my trademark moniker http://carolincairns.blogspot.com.au/

    Hope I can still find enough to blog about once or twice a week. Thank you for all your kind support and encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...