Sunday, August 12, 2018

What if...

...my Bonnie didn’t lie over the ocean?

...everywhere that Mary went the lamb did not want to go?

...you could check out anytime and leave whenever you liked?

...auld acquaintance were never forgot and always brought to mind?

...Nellie doesn’t wait till the sun shines?

...that doggie in the window isn’t for sale?

...it’s not a small world after all?

...you take the high road and I take the low road and I’m not in Scotland afore ye?

...I won’t take you home again, Kathleen?

...mares and does didn’t eat oats and little lambs didn’t eat ivy?

...Jimmy cracked corn and I cared quite a bit?

...not all of us go out to meet her when she comes?

...I loved thee but I didn’t try to count the ways?

9 comments:

  1. ... there isn't fire where there's smoke?

    ... none of the clouds have silver linings?

    ... RWP didn't write one of the most interesting blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You came up with a couple of good ones, Emma,. And thank you for the compliment too!

      Delete
  2. What if? If the world was like that with all those old certainties shattered then we would be in big, big trouble. Good Lord - it doesn't bear thinking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, we might not be in big trouble but we would definitely not have some wonderful poems and songs.

      Delete
  3. What if 6 days went by and we didn't see a post from RWP??? No doubt you and Ellie are off making more wonderful Summertime memories with all those good looking descendants of yours, but be sure to check in soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilltophomesteader (Pam), what if 8 or 9 days went by? Will try to get back in the harness “soon” but not promising a specific date, unlike our friend YP who seems to blog every single day. At our end, Ellie and I are most definitely off but not necessarily away.

      Delete
  4. Well I don't know much about anything, but now that I've been to Suffolk in a drought, I do happen to know that the corn doesn't grow as high as an elephant's eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suffolk would have to be in Oklahoma (the Rodgers and Hammerstein version) for the corn to be as high as an elephant’s eye. In real life it would have to be in Iowa or Minnesota. In other news that makes one say “hmmm”, I read today that New Zealand has decided not to let foreigners purchase houses there. I suppose when we emigrate we shall all have to move in with you natives.

      Delete
  5. I will air the spare room and put on new sheets now!

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...