Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Excitement is in the eye of the beholder

While Yorkshire Pudding and his lovely wife Shirley are spending time traipsing around on the island of Santorini in Greece, we have news of a more local nature.

We have a new baby!

Here is our new baby just after it was delivered:































Here is our new baby with its first gift, a rooster rug:































Here is our new baby open with its innards displayed for all to see:































As I am a Christian man, I will not show you our new baby's bottom.

In other news, we converted our huntboard -- you may call it a sideboard or a buffet where you live -- into a beverage (coffee/tea) bar by adding a large piece of glass that had been in our garage for years. Waste not, want not. Mrs. RWP produced the embroidered cross-stitch piece that hangs on the wall above the beverage bar. It took her many hours (months) to complete. It was a little like having a baby.
































We also had another baby a few months ago, but I don't think I ever showed you pictures.





Yorkshire Pudding shows you the four corners of the earth. I show you the four corners of our Toyota Rav4.

Finally, here are two of our older babies that we have had for over half a century. This photograph was taken a week ago at Ferst Center for the Arts on the campus of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, where my sons had taken me to see the play I told you about in the previous post.


Plainly, old gifts are the best gifts.

11 comments:

  1. Your new little one is adorable. Makes me want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I love it when a comment makes me laugh out loud.

      Delete
  2. LOTS of excitement in the family.
    And some strong family resemblances too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks nothing like a fridge.

      Delete
    2. Sue, my wife and I think my younger son looks like me, my older son looks more like his grandfather on his mother's side, and my daughter (not shown) is a combination of both of us.

      Delete
    3. Adrian, when I looked at these comments on my iPhone, your comment confused me. I thought you were saying my car looked nothing like a fridge, or perhaps that the new refrigerator itself looked nothing like a fridge (but that couldn't be right). As I say, I was confused. Then I viewed these comments on my desktop PC and see that your comment was not a stand-alone comment but was made in reply to Elephant Child's comment about family resemblancesl. So I figured out that you meant that I myself look nothing like a fridge. Thank you, I think. I belive that Sue was referring to my sons, not my recent purchase.

      Delete
  3. Your refrigerator doesn't look a thing like my refrigerator, or your coffeemaker like my coffeemaker, but I'm exceedingly pleased that you think so well of me that you bought a Rav4 that looks exactly like my Rav4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowbrush, strange as it may seem, and hard as it is to believe, my choice of an automobile had nothing to do with what I think of you. Also, it seems to me that all of the cars on today's roads look exactly alike, so there is that.

      Delete
    2. I'm reminded of a line from "The Little Prince" about all the foxes in the world and all the little boys in the world looking exactly alike except to those who care about them and can therefore see aright.

      Delete
  4. well all these new babies are very nice to have and the beverage bar is something that my domestic dreams are made of. I'm terrible at making domestic dreams reality, though

    ReplyDelete
  5. kylie, we thought turning the huntboard into a beverage bar was a very clever idea, one that could not have come to pass if our son and daughter-in-law had not left the piece of glass in our garage all those years ago. Actually they left it in our previous garage. We moved it to our current house in 2003 in case they wanted it back, but one day they declared it officially abandoned. As Frank Sinatra so aptly pointed out, fairy tales (and dreams, too) can come true, it can happen to you, if you're young at heart.
    Some dreams just take longer than others to come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...