Thursday, November 18, 2021

Alert the media!

Four months from today, if the Lord tarries and the creeks/Creeks don't rise and I keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will be 81 years old.

In the middle of writing that last sentence, I remembered something very sobering I read a long time ago that every last one of us would do well to ponder: "I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet."

All in all, during my 80 years, 8 months so far of living on planet Earth, while there have certainly been some ups and downs and unforeseen circumstances and bumps in the road along the way, I can't complain.

Alert the media: I'm still here, and if you are reading this, so are you. Not everyone is. During the last 18 months alone the following friends of ours have died, some from Covid and some not: Tom Brown, F.M. Moore, Rita Ramsey, Charlie Ramsey, Margie Rowe, Paul Walker, Carmelita Walker, Peggy Nelson, Len Gallucci, Paul Storey, and Walter Turner. The youngest was 69 and the oldest was 98. One was 73 but had had only 18 birthdays because he was a Leap Year baby, born on February 29th.

On a different note, Blogger is giving me fits again. Currently I am often unable to leave comments on other people's blogs or even, at times, publish your comments on my own blog or reply to one. I do hope the kinks will work themselves out soon. In the meantime, it is very frustrating.

But I really can't complain.

11 comments:

  1. Bob. Blogger can be a pain. I had to update my template last month. It's not hard. I'll pop a video up or screen grabs. You can keep it looking the same but that takes an hour or so. You have a funny back image which I guess is not helping. I know it's donkeys years old like us.
    Let me know but don't do as thick Red did and make me go through all of the work for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, I await your video/screen grabs with interest. I'm grasping at straws at this point.

      Delete
  2. Losses are all sad. I hope all of them had full happy lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I would say that every last one of them had very full happy lives, but I was looking from the outside, of course.

      Delete
  3. You're just a young guy! I appreciate that I've been fortunate to have excellent health. I'm sorry for your losses but it does make us think about how fragile we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, most of us are not as rough and tough as we like others to think. Our days are certainly dwindling down.

      Delete
  4. That is a lot of loss in 18 months. I think the older we get the more loss we experience. I am the youngest in my generation of our family and a few years ago I came to realize that means I see much of my family pass before me.

    As far as blogger causing problems, what browser do you use? I have heard that can have a lot to do with causing problems as not all browsers play well with Blogger. I use Chrome and most of the time it works okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I am also the youngest in my generation of our family. All my first cousins are gone and I had no biological brothers and sisters. I gained three step-siblings as a teenager and only one of them is left.

      The only place I eem to be able to create posts or create comments or reply to comments is on my desktop HP All-in-One. I use Firefox and DuckDuckGo exclusively, never Google (well, hardly ever) or Chrome. The smartphone is where the problems are so it must be an Apple/Safari problem of some kind. I have not been using my desktop as much lately as I used to because the cell phone is UBIQUITOUS (ranslation: always with me). However, to keep from frustrating myself so much via the legacy of good old Ma Bell (whatever happened to her?) I am going to return to my original method of bloging using the desktop computer. Where there's a will, there's a way.

      Delete
  5. With reference to your last comment about using the iPhone to comment that has always been on of my main issues because in order to leave a comment you must be signed into a Google Account. As you know from my recent posts it nearly drove me bonkers. Fortunately now that I can comment on your posts on Chrome again I have reverted to Chrome for blogging. I tried using Chrome on my iPhone but to no avail.

    On the subject (sort of) of the post I wish you well for the next for months. Don't do anything silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, ah. If one must be signed in to a Google account on an iPhone to be able leave a comment on a blog, then I shall not be attempting to leave a comment on anyone's blog from my iPhone again. Google is not my (or anyone'sO friend.

      I used to do a lot of silly things but haven't done so in a very long time. I am quite demure nowadays. Trust you are the same.

      Delete
  6. That's a lot of people to lose within such a short span, and I'm sorry to hear they've departed, very glad you remain with us. I feel lucky to still have all my loved ones with me.

    Blogger has given me problems as you know for a few years now, I went on forums, changed browsers, you name it all to no avail. Sometimes it accepts my comments, sometimes it won't, sometimes it won't publish my posts, and most annoyingly it refuses to send any notifications of new posts and comments from other people. Gadzooks!

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...