Monday, May 15, 2023

You know you’re old when…

...your youngest child is celebrating her 30th wedding anniversary this month.

...show-biz celebrities and sports figures whose names or faces you know have been dead for years and years.

,,,you do not recognize the names or faces of any of the current crop of wildly popular show-biz celebrities or sports figures.

...your wedding anniversary, which is comng up in four days, will mark 60 years of wedded bliss with the lovely Mrs. RWP (real name: Ellie).

...you are eagerly awaiting the arrival of your first great-grandchild in a couple of months.

..."staying up late" means you didn't go to bed until after 10 p.m.

And my favorite, which is not original with me:

...your back goes out more often than you do.

What are some ways you can tell that you are getting old?

12 comments:

  1. "Old age" is a state of mind. Discuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, "Old age" may be a state of mind in part, but it also has some definite physical attributes and manifestations. I have considered giving my autobiography, if I ever write one, the title Itchy Scrotum, Flaccid Penis. Actually, I have never considered doing that, but it makes for a provocative (and hopefully humorous) comment reply!

      Delete
    2. Flacid penii seems to me like a very unusual subject for humour unless you are Billy Connolly.

      Delete
  2. PS I discovered this morning that a group of friends were planning my 80th birthday celebration. I think they were disappointed to find I was 79 in a few weeks and not 80.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting again, Graham, although you do not receive extra points for multiple comments on the same post. Will your friends proceed with a celebration this year anyway or just wait until next year? Inquiring minds want to know.

      Delete
    2. We are having a celebration this year (just in case!).

      Delete
  3. I am old for all the reasons you gave. I also see my doctor more than most other people I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I hear you. The only time we seem to leave the house these days is to go to church, the grocery store, or the doctor's office. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. I'm familiar with all of these conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Red. What a coincidence that your wife would also be named Ellie !! (I'm kidding)

      Delete
  5. ... when you forget how long it is since you read RWP's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the how long it has been is that I am not posting as often these days. Thanks for commenting, Tasker.

      Delete

<b>Couples in show biz (part 2)</b>

Reader Emma Springfield in Iowa thought of two more couples in show biz: 60. Paul Hogan & Linda Kozlowski (his co-star in Crocodi...