This is my 20th post of 2026 and the 2,336th post since this blog began back on Sepember 28, 2007. I know you probably don't care but I sense an inner need to report it anyway.
My blogging has slowed down tremendously this year. In some years I have written 100 posts by this time. I don't know how Neil (Yorkshire Pudding) and Rachel (My World) keep blogging day after day after day.
This is a very busy time in our lives. Mrs. RWP (the lovely Ellie) will be observing her 91st birthday at the beginning of next week (she must remember to call her cousin in North Carolina who will be observing her 81st the day before) and at the end of the week our one and only grandaughter who is fifth among our six grandchildren in birth order and the only one unmarried is, wait for it, getting married! She and her young man, whose name is Ryan, have planned strategically. I will elaborate.
All of her family live in various affluent suburbs northwest of Atlanta (except for the ones in Alabama and Florida and other parts of Georgia) and all of his family live in various affluent suburbs northeast of Atlanta, so a neutral location that was both semi-convenient and semi-inconvenient to all interested parties was sought and chosen in the affluent suburbs that are due north of Atlanta (neither northwest nor northeast) for the rehearsal, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony, and the reception afterward. All of these events will take place next Friday and Saturday afternoons and evenings, and rather than driving back and forth to our homes during pre-rush-hour, rush-hour, and post-rush-hour traffic (the congestion never stops), some of us will be staying in a posh hotel in the area. Trust me, nothing (okay, very little) is less than posh in the affluent suburbs due north of Atlanta.
It has been many moons since I used the word 'posh' in a sentence. I remember from a song in the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that the word is an acronym for "port out, starboard home" and was marked on the steamship tickets to indicate passengers who wanted staterooms with the best views of the African coast while traveling from England to India during the Victorian and Edwardian eras.
Maybe the hotel is only semi-posh. When I find out I will let you know.
I have heard rumours that a short wedding trip is planned to Charleston, South Carolina (a lovely place) and a longer one may also occur a little later to either Vancouver, British Columbia (that's in Canada) or possibly somewhere in Europe (because the bride vacationed year before last in France, Switzerland, and Holland and had a great time). Grandparents are often the last to know.
With all these activities looming, I probably won't be blogging again until after the festivities are over and done with and receding into history. Although my readership is small, I thought you ought to know about my impending absence.
At the very least, if Yorkshire Pudding can report on going to Mallorca and Rachel can report on going to Azerbaijan, I can report on going to the affluent suburbs due north of Atlanta.
Hello, world! This blog began on September 28, 2007, and so far nobody has come looking for me with tar and feathers.
On my honor, I will do my best not to bore you. All comments are welcome
as long as your discourse is civil and your language is not blue.
Happy reading, and come back often!
And whether my cup is half full or half empty, fill my cup, Lord.
Copyright 2007 - 2026 by Robert H.Brague
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<b>Only God knows the end from the beginning</b>
This post, like most of the others on this blog, will make no sense to some and perfect sense to others. That having been said, let u...
The wedding itinerary sounds very complicated what with all the rehearsals on top of everything else but I am sure it has all been well thought out for the best experience for all concerned. I do hope you all enjoy the events of the two days.
ReplyDeleteI have been writing a lot recently and have on several days written more than one post and published; some days I have held back and there is, on top of it all, my small coverage of the Tour de France which has to be fitted in. Thanks for the mention of the blog. I have to say it is unusual for me to be mentioned in the same breath as Neil. I am sure that it will not please him. Rachel xx
It wasn't extremely complicated. One rehearsal at location A on Friday, then off to rehearsal dinner at location B. Wedding ceremony on Saturday back at location A, followed by reception and dinner at location C. Spent the night at nearby hotel (location D) rather than driving back to our home base (location E). Breakfast at and checkout of location D on Sunday morning.
DeleteMy chagrin has been the opposite of yours, not that I'm posting too often but that I'm hardly posting at all any more. I will try to remedy that now that the big family event is over.
I briefly thought of the proximity of your name with you-know-who's but did it anyway. Thank you, Rachel.
Please give my best wishes to the couple. And to Mrs RWP, Happy Birthday. You have a few good times in your future.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes received and extended, along with the Happy Birthday. Thank you, emma.
DeleteAs I write, it is Sunday evening in Sydney which possibly means you are mid-celebrations.
ReplyDeleteI hope it was wonderful.
A posh or semi posh hotel sounds marvellous and semi inconvenience is probably as fair as you can get!
Aint love grand?
The celebrations started on Friday afternoon and were over by noon on Sunday. It was truly wonderful, yes. I thought it was magnificent. The bride was, what else, stunning. Thank you, kylie.
DeleteWhy have no comments appeared Bob? Are they trapped in spam? Rachel
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up. Yes, they were trapped in spam, which I rarely check. There were 13 in there in all, some of them quite old and truly spam. See also my "Testing...Testing..." and "Addendum to 'Testing...Testing..." ' posts of August 6th for more on my delayed replying. Thank you, Rachel. I really appreciate your letting me know,.
Delete