Monday, December 1, 2008

A solution and a self-directed ramble


If you tried the Books of the Bible search in my November 28th post, the solution is shown below. Whether you did or didn’t [try the Books of the Bible search], you are invited to go on a different sort of ramble by clicking, in no particular order, on the green links.


Puzzle Solution (with detours)

In these remarks are hidden the names of twenty-four books of the Bible. Yes, there are some that are easy to spot; others are harder to judge. So we admit it usually results in lamentations when we can’t find them. This test is a lulu -- kept me looking so hard for the facts that I missed the revelation.

I was in a jam, especially since not all of the names are capitalized and space separates some of the letters. The truth will come to numbers of you, but to others it will be a real job. To all it will be
a most fascinating search. We offer some hints. It helps if you are
in a humming mood. One lady said she brews coffee while she puzzles over it. Another tries to hose a part of her lawn. (She may try to josh u a little, too.) My friend Joe looks for a hero -- man’s best friend, but he has a pet ermine, not a dog. (He also keeps alms under a door mat. The weird ideas some have.) If you find all twenty-four in an hour, you’re a real pro. Verbs are not as helpful as nouns. Begin by reviewing the books of the Bible; then happy hunting!

Here endeth the reading and the solving of the Hidden Books of the Bible Puzzle. Thanks be to God.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some "detours" you put in here. I was expecting biblical references. What do I find? Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Babe Ruth! Too clever, Mr. RWP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I only got 13 of those but didn't spend much time doing this because of all going on at my house. But it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...