Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday ramblings

In place of my usual Tuesday ramblings this week, I would like to direct your attention to the fact that today, November 11th, is Veterans Day in the United States. It is often confused with Memorial Day. (It is also Remembrance Day in Canada and the United Kingdom, I believe, but I may be off by a day or two.)

Because I have posted about this subject before, I would now like to direct your attention to the following posts:

“Memorial Day has come and gone” (posted on May 31, 2008)

“In Flanders Fields” (posted on November 12, 2007)

Let us hope and pray that the time will soon come when humans no longer find it acceptable or necessary to go to war with one another.

4 comments:

  1. AS long as there are those who know they are right and the others are wrong;
    as long as their are people who feel superior to other people;
    As long as there are people who feel threatened by other people;
    as long as there are people who are willing to take what others have;
    There will be war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the links to your earlier posts which are very fitting for this day of remembrance.

    I see you have installed a Feedjit box.....good for you! Awhile back I thought about suggesting that you do that, but then decided to mind my own business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And.....did you know that you can have Feedjit "ignore" your own browser....unless you really want to see yourself coming and going from your own blog. (Disregard and forgive this comment if the Canton on the list is not you. I really should just mind my own business!)

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...