Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Top 10 things I would never have known if I hadn’t installed the Feedjit Live Traffic Feed (A trip down memory lane)


10. There is a place in Azerbaijan called Baku, Baki, and someone from there landed on my post Bury my heart at Wounded Knee by searching for “thomas hudson- u my heart.” Odd.

9. There is a place called Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire in the UK.

8. Someone from Louisville, Kentucky, landed on my post Christmas: It’s more than a baby in a manger by searching for “organ music in worship, don hustad, billy graham.” This may appear to make no sense at first glance, but trust me, it does.

7. Someone from Sofia, Grad Sofiya in Bulgaria landed on my post From the archives: The one, the only, Anna Russell by searching for “la cantatrice squealante.” Ah, yes, the unforgettable opera by Michelangelo Occupinti, its famous aria, “Canto dolciamente pippo,” sung by Miss Russell, a uniquely talented, though non-Bulgarian, performer. She gave me her heart and I made her miserable. And vice versa.

6. Someone from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, landed on my post English, How She Is Spoke by searching for “Cameron Carpenter picture drag.” This makes no sense at all, as the words Cameron, Carpenter, picture, and drag appear nowhere in the post or its comments. Of course, Philadelphia arrived from altavista, which may be part of the problem. Altavista is, after all, the home of babelfish, which has produced some memorable translations in its time, including this one.

5. Someone from Lahti, Southern Finland landed on my post Everything you ever wanted to know about May Day but were afraid to ask by searching for “finland may day.” This one makes perfect sense to me. They love me in Helsinki.

4. Someone from Baltimore, Maryland, landed on my post Hyde Park, Mon Amour? but the Feedjit thingy didn’t mention what Baltimore was searching for.

3. The most-visited posts on my blog attracted people interested in The Waltons and Flannery O’Connor’s peacocks, and, for some unknown reason, if those people live in middle eastern countries, presidential libraries. Someone should notify the Department of Homeland Security immediately.

2. xiombix, O'Dasor De, and bAREeYEDsUN are all the same blogger.

1. Feedjit is a blast. I love it.

8 comments:

  1. Looking at the visitor-track-gadgets on some of the blogs, I often find myself placed in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands. Although this country is not that big, I do not live anywhere near Apeldoorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolina in Nederland - Hello again! I think the location named in the Feedjit thingy is the location of the commenter's ISP (Internet Service Provider). Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one for you that will be equally funny...

    One of my posts last summer was entitled "TV Is Lame". To this day, people from the Middle East get to my blog via typing "Islam TV".

    I love Feedjit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... these are things I never would have known. :)

    Although my computer (and I) don't move around, Feedjit sometimes shows that I am visiting from places as far as 100 miles away. Most often, though, it's the town 8 miles up the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that most of the overseas people get to my blog searching for something to do with hymns. Makes me very aware of the witness I have through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. most of my comeentators are looking for ways to correct my misspellings, or trying to find out what a putz{penis} really is,or finding a way to cook vietamese food...and i started out to preach the good word to christians needing to be saved in a different way...can you beat that, huh????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it is great fun to see what search words bring surfers to one's blog. And, you proven that makes a good subject for a blogpost....I'll have to try that sometime, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I neglected to thank all you nice people for commenting on my post. Consider the oversight now corrected.

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...