Monday, March 15, 2021

Beware the Ides of March

No particular reason. Just on general principles. Choose your friends wisely. Pay close attention to what's going on around you. I mean, consider what happened to Julius Caesar on this date all those years ago.

Recent stumpers on Jeopardy!:

What is baseball?
Who is Clara Schumann?
What is the Volga?
What is his shadow?
What is psychosomatic?
What is the stratosphere?

The clue to which the answer was "his shadow" did not include the word "groundhog". Try to formulate the actual clue. (Hint: It should include two proper names and the word "bedroom".)

7 comments:

  1. What did Peter Pan sew in the bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, not exactly, but you are in the ballpark. Also, I count Peter Pan as one proper name and I asked for two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Pan and Wendy sewing in the bedroom. :)

      Delete
    2. Kathy, adding Wendy is a step in the right direction! But I don’t think Peter Pan did any sewing. I will give you the exact wording of the real Jeopardy! clue further down in the comment stream.

      Delete
  3. My mind went blank. I thought at first it might be a reference to Poe but I don't believe it is. I hope you will help us with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, it's not Poe. Hint: It's J.M. Barrie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, Emma, and anybody else who is wondering, the actual clue on the Jeopardy! program was:

    The first time he entered Wendy’s bedroom, Peter Pan was looking for this.

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...