Sunday, November 13, 2022

Apple or Google or Blogger or Something Out There doesn’t like me lately

I hope it's only temporary.

First I couldn't leave comments on certain, but only certain, blogs from my phone, but I could on others.

Then I couldn't leave comments on anyone else's blog from my phone but I could reply to comments on my own blog.

Then I could not leave a comment on anyone else's blog or reply to comments on my own blog from my phone.

But I could still do all those things from my desktop computer.

Then the same sequence of events started up on my desktop computer until yesterday I was unable to reply to Emma's comment on the previous post from my desktop computer. Things have come full circle, it seems.

I am flummoxed.

I repeat, Apple or Google or Blogger or Something Out There doesn't like me lately.

Fortunately, I am still able to create and publish posts, but who knows how long that will last?

I am undeterred. I intend to forge ahead, and if worse comes to worst, I will just talk to myself until the cows come home.

Needless to say, any helpful advice would be appreciated.

I repeat this too. I hope it's only temporary.

14 comments:

  1. Blogging issues like yours annoy me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post some screen grabs Bob.
    Sign out of Blogger and sign back in again. Do the same with your Browser. Clear Cache, be careful, lots of YouTube HowTos. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. When you reboot Use restart. If you use Shut Down Windows remembers loads of stuff it shouldn't. Restart is cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, I restarted as you suggested and everything is working again. Don't know why. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I'm very sorry to say, Bob, that you are not alone. Cold comfort, I know. I know that Blogger has altered all sorts of things because many years ago I inserted some code which enabled me easily to add italics, links and so on to my comments. I've no idea what they did but all that disappeared earlier in the year when Google altered the format for comments.

    It's good to hear the use of 'flummoxed'. I've not heard that for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did mine, I JUST PUT IT BACK.

      Delete
    2. Graham, your condolences have been duly noted and incorporated into the record. I did a couple of things that Adrian suggested and everything seems to be back to normal.

      Delete
    3. Adrian, I can't figure out the meaning of your last comment but I guess I needn't try because you were talking to Graham, I think.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you got it back to normal! I also like the use of "flummoxed"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie, flummoxed is in a special category, like kerfuffle.

      Delete
  6. I had the same problem. I could not access my credit card sites either. A quick check of my settings for blogger showed I had been signed out. Try checking your settings then reboot. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma, Adrian's comment to use Restart instead of Shut Down helped immensely. I will also do what you suggested.

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...