Sunday, March 5, 2023

Real life takes precedence

I shall not be blogging for the next little while (British, an indeterminate period of time) because real life in the form of the weddings of two of our grandchildren, my 82nd birthday, our 60th wedding anniversary, the birth of our very first great-granchild, and who knows what else will undoubtedly be taking up gobs and gobs (British, a great deal) of my time, time usually spent creating posts, replying to comments, commenting on other people's blogs, and so forth (Latin, et cetera).

I feel it in my bones.

So I sadly bid you a temporary auf wiedersehen, adios, au revoir, sayonara, and as Tigger often said to Winnie the Pooh in movies produced by Disney Studios but not even once in the books written by A.A. Milne, T.T.F.N.

My fervent hope is that, as General Douglas MacArthur said 81 years ago this month, I shall return.

Time will tell.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It came and went. 82 is a lo like 81, to tell the truth.

      Delete
  2. Well, I hope you do return before too long with tales of family events and renewed vigour. Best wishes, Neil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back after a fashion. No tales but much renewed vigour. Several more events loom on the horizon.

      Delete
  3. I did! One birthday and one wedding down, more coming up.

    ReplyDelete

<b>It’s Star Wars Day!</b>

May the fourth be with you! I know it's corny but I couldn't resist. Incidentally, Mrs. RWP (the lovely Ellie) and I recentl...