Saturday, August 29, 2020

This is my 92nd post of 2020

...and with it my output so far this year has exceeded the annual output of each of the last five years. Here's the proof from the sidebar:

2019 (79)
2018 (86)
2017 (71)
2016 (77)
2015 (91)

My most prolific year vis-à-vis blogging was 2008, when I published 228 posts. I was a busy bee.

Apparently I have had a new burst of energy. At my age, though, I will probably get tired, like these guys:
Hooray! Even Hip, Hip, Hooray! (or as they say across the pond, Hip, Hip, Hip, Hooray!)

This small celebration has occurred because I have just used New Blogger to insert an image into a post!

I followed Tasker's, Adrian's, and even Yorkshire Pudding's advice and logged out of blogger, logged back in, and clicked on "Try new blogger" (I had done this before but eventually reverted to the legacy blogger). This time more icons appeared in the line of editing functions than before. It now includes "Insert image" and "Insert video" -- HOWEVER, COMMA, even this new page DOES NOT INCLUDE THE THREE DOTS (...) THAT INDICATE MORE FUNCTIONS LURKING JUST OUT OF SIGHT.

I may never get the same New Blogger page that others seem to have, but at least I finally received a more complete one than I had received heretofore.

Those two tired kitties up there are Smokey (L) and Bandit (R) and they are recuperating from their hard day at the office on my daughter's verandah in Alabama.

In the feline world, there are no worries about COVID-19, no concerns about presidential elections, and no frettings over the activities of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

I am reminded of an old nursery rhyme:

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, where have you been?
I've been to London to visit the Queen.
Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, what did you there?
I frightened a little mouse under her chair.


The difference between Buckingham Palace in London and my daughter's verandah in Alabama is simply this:

In Alabama, thrones are occupied by cats, not queens.

17 comments:

  1. I'm with Smokey and Bandit. A good nap on a comfortable seat on the porch is what we all need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, if everybody took an afternoon nap the world would be a better place!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, but cats are Queens and Kings! I am so happy to hear that New Blogger is now (finally) cooperating more with you! I believe Google is still, at times, making changes with the New Blogger because I will occasionally find something has changed or moved. Do you get the feeling that we are all their guinea pigs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, it was a relief to get rid of "New Blogger Frustration" at last. Google is never going to stop making changes.

      Delete
  3. Huzzah!
    Glad you were able to insert pictures into your post.
    Smoky and Bandit are so cute. What a life! Was your daughter a Burt Reynolds fan?
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I know my daughter was a Donnie Osmond fan but I never asked her about Burt Reynolds. They have had Smokey for about four years; Bandit is a newcomer. Both were strays that adopted the humans.

      Delete
  4. The word "even" was most hurtful but I can take it. Similarly, describing London as a "mess" in an earlier communication did not sit well with my perception of our great capital city - based on experience of it and observation through six decades. I am just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y.P., I meant “even” in a complimentary way, not as a putdown. I’m sorry that you didn’t receive it as intended. Likewise, when I described London as a “mess” I thought I was summarising your own feelings as you seemed to be very glad that Frances and Stew we’re leaving the place. I am sorry for not just one but two miscommunications today. Perhaps I should take a vow of silence.

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that you were able to triumph over New Blogger. I keep reverting to the old, and will probably keep doing so until the decision is forced on me.
    And of course cats occupy the most comfortable seats in the house. It is in their duty statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I read that dogs have owners and cats have staff.

      Delete
    2. Slaves. Staff are paid and given time off.

      Delete
  6. Glad you got it sorted. As a bonus everything now fits your template neat and tidy. Now try for a picture in your header.
    I do wonder about Google, their programmers seem to be recruited from refuse collectors, teachers or policemen moonlighting. Come to think I had a teacher or two who suggested that being a bin man was my destiny.
    With respect to my friend Mark who is a programmer, he does seem to make a meal out of a molehill at times. That is unfair as I suspect that the real problem with some software is the lack of a foreman to insist that stuff produced by one works with stuff coded by another. It will get worse with home working unless the home workers are drones form filling or the bosses doing the adding up.
    Blender are good at unifying the user interface up to a point, Adobe are middling good and FreeCad are bloody hopeless but slowly getting better, many FreeCAD workbenches do very strange things and I find myself dodging into Blender for some operations. It is all amusing and apart from Adobe it's free entertainment.
    I'm now getting very annoyed with Windows 10. I can see myself being pushed into a Linux Operating system. I spend a tenth of my computer life delving into directories and sub folders deleting crap from Microsoft. Windows 10 does work fine but after six months it starts blocking the job up. I often wonder how many folk buy a new computer when a spring clean, summer, autumn and winter clean would do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrian, for many years my job was in system software testing. It had to be determined that individual components worked as intended, that they also worked after being integrated with other components, and furthermore that no regression had occurred in the older parts of the system after the new parts were added. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another idea: have you tried downloading and using a different browser? Firefox? Chrome? Opera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasker (David) for several years I have used Firefox exclusively.

      Delete
  9. I dream of a porch so tidy and civilised!

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...