Saturday, May 4, 2024

It’s Star Wars Day!

May the fourth be with you!

I know it's corny but I couldn't resist. Incidentally, Mrs. RWP (the lovely Ellie) and I recently discovered the Rescue 911 channel on Pluro TV and have been binge-watching episodes of it for hours every day. Well, I suppose that is the very definition of binge-watching, isn't it, to watch for hours and hours every day? Of course it is. The stories are riveting, and seeing and hearing Willam Shatner narrate them in the years after Star Trek and before Boston Legal is semi-interesting too. I can't remember whether Rescue 911 was before or after his T.J. Hooker series. I'm guessing after, based on nothing more than his age.

A little trip down television memory lane today, and I'll say it one more time just because I can:

May the fourth be with you!

Hold the fort! It just occurred to me that Willam Shatner was Captain James Kirk in the Star Trek television series and had nothing whatever to do with the Star Wars films. Dumb me.

Star Wars was Obi-wan Kenobi and Darth Vader and Luke Skywalkee and Princess Leia and Han Solo and all thise guys, not Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock and Uhura and Bones and Scotty and all those other guys. I repeat, dumb me.

I guess I boldly went where no man has gone before.

Beam me up, Scotty.

.

8 comments:

  1. May the fourth be with you. The original three movies are the best. I differ from many though. Jar-Jar Binks was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked The Wrath of Khan and also The Voyage Home. Jabba the Hut I could do without. Thank you, Emma.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha - it's good to go off at a tangent, even the wrong one:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even a tangent has one good point! Thank you, Janice.

      Delete
  3. May the fourth be with you too. It seems like you need "the force" the real thing. I am so used to you being "correct" that I read it and actually wondered if my mind had got things wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it as being correct but having a lisp. Thank you, Graham.

      Delete
  4. Well I'm a day late but May the 4th be with you.
    I don't remember so many "May the 4th" posts before, a few have come up in the blogs I read. Maybe there's something in the air this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the good wishes, I am confident the fourth was with all of us. There is definitely something in the air this year. Thank you, kylie.

      Delete

<b>Couples in show biz (part 2)</b>

Reader Emma Springfield in Iowa thought of two more couples in show biz: 60. Paul Hogan & Linda Kozlowski (his co-star in Crocodi...